Career At Current Home
CURRENT HOME - SCARSDALE LOCATION
Do you have a flair for design and love to be creative?
We have a unique role available at Current Home. Our upscale home accessories and gift store opened 9 years ago and we now have two stores located in NYC and Scarsdale. We are the go-to destination for an edited collection of contemporary home decor, including hand made ceramics & hand blown glass.
This important hybrid position will use your design expertise to create and execute floor sets and window displays. You will also act as our lead design consultant in the store and go on appointments as our in-home stylist. You will inspire customers to living spaces they love to come home to.
- Use our products to create beautiful displays throughout the store.
- Design and execute seasonal floor and window changes.
- Responsible for making sure all new products are up on the floor, available for sale and styled in an easy to shop manner.
- Create hang tags when merchandising for a neater presentation.
- Assist in creating signage for trunk shows, holiday events, sales and other promotions.
- Communicate product selling information to the staff so they have a better understanding of the new items received (how to use them, suggestions on styling etc).
- Follow up on requests for In-Home Styling appointments by providing details on our COMPLETE by Current Home service.
- Set up and manage your appointment calendar.
- Review customer provided images of living space to prepare, pull and pack products for appointment.
- Visit clients' homes to style products in their appropriate places.
- Create a quote for approval and finalize the sale with an invoice.
- Assist in marketing the COMPLETE service to keep customers interested and engaged - i.e., take before & after photos and live reels for instagram, create an offer or promotion for your existing and potential clients.
- Must have a car to travel to appointments.
IN-STORE SALES & DESIGN ASSOCIATE
- Offer design advice and product selection assistance to customers and designers, including, but not limited to, styling cocktail tables, shelves, pillow selection and tabletop decor.
- Perform sales and participate in meeting the monthly store goals.
- Attend store meetings.
- Answer phones and provide excellent customer service duties.
- Participate in check-out and gift wrapping procedures.
- Demonstrate product knowledge, including suggestions of items not yet displayed on the sales floor as well as placing special orders for items not currently in stock.
- Must possess a creative approach to merchandising.
- Ability to create a beautiful ever-changing store presentation as new items arrive daily.
- Must be outgoing and personable with an ability to perform exemplary sales and customer service.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and must be a self starter.
- Must be a team player and able to work well with our CH team.
- Comfortable working on a computer and using a POS system ( knowledge of Lightspeed a plus)
- Ability to work a retail schedule.
- Comfortable working in a very fast past environment.
- Must be able to frequently walk up and down a flight of stairs, use a step stool/ladder and remain standing for an extended amount of time throughout the day.
- Has strong organizational skills and pays attention to details.
- Loves working in a retail/ sales environment where customer service is paramount.
- Must be able to lift and move merchandise up to 25 lbs, use a step stool or ladder and go up and down stairs as needed daily.
- Preference is given to those with a retail or design background.
- Must Have a Car For In-Home Styling
- Design, Home Staging or Retail Merchandising Experience A Must.
HOURS: Flexible for the right candidate. 3-5 days a week.
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K participation, PTO
Send resumes to Karen@currenthomeny.com - portfolio images are a plus.